A conversation can be manually assigned to 2 categories of users.
- Agents who have access to the inbox in which the conversation is created.
- Administrators who can access every conversation in the system.
To assign an agent or admin to a conversation, an admin/agent can select the assignee from the dropdown named under "Assigned Agent" from the "Conversation Details" section in the right sidebar, as shown below.
YCloud Inbox provides a round-robin auto-assignment system for conversations. The assignment follows the logic mentioned below.
Note: Round robin assignment is enabled by default.
If there are agents online who have access to the inbox in which a conversation is created, the system would distribute the conversations equally among the online agents.
If all the agents are offline, the system would keep the conversations as unassigned.
Enable round-robin assignment
To enable round-robin assignment in your inbox, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings -> Inboxes.
- Click on the inbox settings link of the inbox you want to enable round-robin assignment.
- Scroll down to see the setting for Round-robin, as shown below.
- Change it to "Enabled" and click on "Update".
Updated 12 months ago